Buying a rhinestone machine is a big step in any business. These 5 things will help you choose the right rhinestone machine for you!
Are you ready to take the next step in your business and add an automatic rhinestone machine and the ability to create rhinestone transfers to your sources of revenue? If the answers yes then you’ve already seen the rhinestone t shirt trend explode over the past few years and are getting in position to take advantage of this profitable market.
Here’s what you need to look for while you’re shopping for the right rhinestone machine:
- Versatility – the number of “hoppers” in an automatic rhinestone transfer machine is what determines how many sizes and colors of rhinestones you can do easily. Most entry level machines have 2 hoppers so you can do 2 colors or sizes of Hotfix rhinestones per design. A good example of a 2 hopper machine is the CAMS 1V-2P from ColDesi. The next level up is a 6 hopper system which makes it much faster and easier to make complex designs. This site has a lot of options if you’re looking for versatility.
- Speed – rhinestone machine speed is usually measured in “stones per minute”, meaning how many Hotfix rhinestones can be placed in a :60 period. 150 stones/minute is a good minimum to look for. So an average wholesale rhinestone transfer you produce might have 300 stones, which will take about 1 minute to produce.
- Rhinestone Software – what does the rhinestone machine come with? A full featured, stand alone software like Hotfix Era is excellent, but there are also some worthy plug ins for Corel Draw. The advantage to a Hotfix Era style package is that you only have to learn how to use rhinestone creation tools where other applications make you work a bit harder.
- Training – it may sound cliché, but the better you are trained up front the happier you’ll be with your purchase. Make sure the company you buy from has a training option that fits your situation. Online? Video? On Site? Formal training class? It’s up to you!
- Warranty Support – rhinestone machines aren’t a new technology, but rhinestone machine dealers have a tendency to come and go. How long has the brand of rhinestone machine been available in the US? How experienced is your dealer with sales and service? What is the warranty? Look for a company that has both online and telephone support, as well as a good library of videos so you can do your own trouble shooting during nights and weekends. Ask questions!
These are the top 5 things to consider when you’re looking for a rhinestone machine to add to your business, or to start making money on wholesale rhinestone transfers.